
Over the last year as I have read blogs, I often came across activities and projects that bloggers were working on as part of the "Charming Girls' Quilt Club." When reading Sheila's blog, My Empty Nest Is Full of Cat Hair, last week, I learned it was time to enroll into the club for the year. I contacted Kelly and even though I was two days late-she let me join.
One of the activities is that Kelly sets up bi-monthly themes, and members post their goals toward this mark, share them on her blog, and encourage each other through the months! It's really a splendid idea, and I feel fortunate to have been included.
The theme for July/August is:

The couple of people who know me that read my blog know that I am the type of person that takes care of everyone else first and what is energy is left-goes to me. Friends have told me that I need to think of myself more often. I have made improvements in the past few months, but I know I have a long way to go.
SO--after one quick day of thought-- My Self- Care goals for July/ August will include:
1. Take time for my self at least once a week. (A place to start anyway)
2. Walk or other exercise at least three times a week ( Another place to start--That is the only thing I miss about having sold our dairy cows)
3. Eat more nutritiously and not let my frustrations or stress control my eating habits. (Hopefully this will result in weight loss!)
Needs to be accomplished:
1. Complete the wedding gifts for Dawn & Jason, and Becky & Travis.
2. Spend time preparing my stories/ object lessons for VBS.
3. Work on cleaning out cupboards upstairs to use for my sewing/quilting area.
I am really excited about being accountable for "Self-Care" goals. I will let you know how I do!
I am really excited about being accountable for "Self-Care" goals. I will let you know how I do!

6 comments:
Love your new picture!
Congratulations on setting some new goals. Maybe a challenge will be just the motivation you need.
:0)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sunrise pic!!!!
Welcome to the Charming Girls Club! You have some nice goals lined out for the next two months. Good Luck!
I like your goals!! Great for self-care, but very do-able.
I am all ready to cheer you on :)
PS LOVE the new header and that little quilting cartoon!
SHeilaC
Welcome to the club - we're so glad to have you! Such great goals - can't wait to hear and see more!
Post a Comment