One thing about being grandma is that you can let your daily work go to spend time with the kids. When Kasey walked in Monday morning she told me her blankie was broke so Grandma had to patch it. So one more bright pink patch is holding it together. Kasey and I read books, built with blocks, sang songs, and the usual grandma things. Cole was in the swing watching us and smiling and talking.
Tuesday afternoon we went for a walk. We pulled weeds from my flower beds and only had one blossom pulled off. She walked up to the flowers in the barrel and said, "We match, take my picture grandma.!"
We walked--well actually I walked while I pushed Cole in the stroller and pulled Kasey and the horse in the wagon--to the corn field by the west driveway. DH and DS-1 are excited about the corn. DH has never had corn like this the 37 years we have been farming.
Today Kasey is back to daycare. Cole is taking a nap while I am writing to you and baking brownie for DH. If I hurry-I could maybe sneak upstairs yet during his nap for my first look at my sewing machine this week!!!
5 comments:
Oh I KNOW Linda---this year, the corn is literally jumping out of the ground!!!! It's crazy!
Glad you are enjoying Grandma-time :0) I sure hope my kids are enjoying their Grandma-time too!
That's great you got to spend lots of time with the grandkids.
The corn is amazing, we gave up on corn years ago in this slate ground.
Great post, love it!
You are so blessed to have Grandma time! Love the matching dress and pink flowers. It rained here tonight about 1 inch. Our corn is looking good too. I haven't seen my sewing machine this week either. I can't believe how quickly July is flying by. I saw all the school supplies in the store today. How can it be time for that?
What a wonderful way to spend such a glorious day. Love all your photos
Post a Comment