Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ellie and her quilt



Isn't it the greatest feeling when you find out that a gift you made for someone was appreciate and loved.  This   precious baby is the granddaughter of my sister/friend Peg, who was my college roommate and forever since friend.  Her name is Elna Ann after both of her grandmothers.  They are calling her "Ellie".  A few weeks ago I posted the label I made for her quilt.  Monica and Eric took the quilt with them when they went for Ellie's newborn pictures. 

8 comments:

Amy said...

What a PRECIOUS baby picture!!!! The quilt gives it such a homey, comfortable feel! LOVE IT!

Janet said...

What a beautiful baby on a gorgeous blanket! Pink is definitely the right color for Ellie. It does make you feel wonderful when all the work you went to is so appreciated. I made a quilt for one of our nephew's children. I never heard a thing, but finally 4 years later they came for a visit. Ryland brought "his beloved" blanket with him. Here I had been thinking it had not really been appreciated, but it was by the most important one--"the recipient". :)

Tracy said...

Sweet baby and sweet quilt. I bet she'll love it forever!

scraphappy said...

How great to know that something you put so much work into is going to be loved and appreciated. It makes such a perfect backdrop for those truly adorable photos.

Kerrie said...

What an awesome baby and a most beautiful quilt! Just love them both! Thanks for your visit and comment. Yes, I love the rain. The older I get the more I love little blessings...God Bless and hugs, Kerrie

SheilaC said...

Wonderful baby pictures!!! Your quilt looks great!

SheilaC

Maria said...

Oh How gorgeous is sweet "Ellie" on her beautiful soft quilt. How lovely of them to send you the beautiful photo.

Linda said...

Ah, how sweet is that. What a wonderful picture. That is so sweet of them to send you this and I'm glad they like and appreciate your gift. They were definitely "quilt worthy" people! Hugs, Linda