Saturday, July 31, 2010

Busy Week-A little bit of sewing!

This past week was very busy and went fast.  At night I was able to do some sewing.  After all the work setting up my sewing center upstairs it has been too hot to be up there.  So I carried my machine back down to the dining room table.  One night I did a little more work on  my top that is sewn "on-point layout" as Amy of Amy's Passions corrected my term "sewing on the diagonal.  Always a teacher--right Amy--I do appreciate her!!   This is the fabric I received in a giveaway from Nancy at  Patchwork Penguin. It is Moda 3 sisters, Peace On Earth. I  pinned the seams together before I sew on the strips  to make sure I have it lined up.  A flashback to my clothing sewing days.



The fabric arrived for the wedding gift for Dawn and Jason.  It is Moda's Northwoods Botanicals.
Jason is a game warden and Dawn  has a degree in Natural Resources and works in the office for the DNR (Department of Natural Resources).  They both enjoy spending time outdoors.  I love this fabric.  I am becoming more confident in modifying colors in patterns.

Kasey and Cole were here Wednesday through Friday.  Their day care lady is on vacation for a week starting last Wednesday. Friday Kasey wanted to do whatever papa was doing.  I found a pair of Oshkosh bibs that my boys had worn about 25 years ago.  She loved them!  Quite opposite from her daily frilly dresses.  She even went on the 4-Wheeler to the neighbor's for coffee with him.  She "helped" work on the baler, rode in the tractor to get the feeder wagons,  and hauled tools in her wagon.  Definitely was Papa's girl on Friday.


  Cole is now 13 weeks old--Smiling and watching everything that is going on around him.  I will have them next week through Wednesday.   I am so blessed to have them be a part of our lives!

God Bless,
Linda

7 comments:

SheilaC said...

Love that Christmas fabric!!
Have fun with Cole next week, and I am sure you two will find lots to do. :)

SheilaC

Andee said...

Just had to comment that I love Cole's name! My oldest is 23 and I had planned to name him Nicolas and call him Cole and then changed it to Coleman to call him Cole...funny thing is we never called him Cole! Coleman stuck and when he was older he went to CJ...I love that name though!

Melanie said...

Beautiful pictures! You do amazing work!
Kasey and Cole are absolutely adorable! :)

scraphappy said...

Your quilt top is looking great. I think I'd be pinning too -- those diagonal sets are tricky to get just right. How funny that after all the work to get the upstairs ready you are right back downstairs again. What a blessing that you are able to spend time with your grand kids. They are such cuties.

Tracy said...

I hear you on the too hot upstairs bit!
That is going to be a beautiful quilt, what is that pattern called. I've got lots of FQ packs to use up. I just can't seem to stop buying them!
That's wonderful you get to spend lots of time with your grandkids!

Amy said...

Gosh, that fabric is absolutely gorgeous! So glad to see you enjoying some quilitng time :0)

Linda said...

Great projects and such cute grandkids. It looks like Kasey has had so much fun with her Papa. Cole is getting so big. Have fun with the grans and don't wear yourself out!