Yes, I know it looks familiar! I finished the "flimsy" of another tree skirt using the same pattern. This time I used the same fabric around the star and inside the border. I also cut two fabrics for each size log. It has more of a pattern. I have it down to a method of sewing so it goes together fast. I haven't decided if this will be for Travis and Becky in Sept. or Jason and Dawn in Aug.
When reading the blog of a blogging friend, I was reminded that quilting is a hobby. I don't need to push myself or feel guilty when I don't accomplish as much as other people.
Have a great weekend!
8 comments:
That is absolutely gorgeous, Linda! I love the colors! :)
That is just beautiful. Do you know who the pattern is by?
Very lovely...Is this one of those that you will slice up and put binding on to make the skirt? Do you just freak out everytime you have to do that? I'm not sure I would/could do it but they sure turn out nice. I'll have to get up my courage and try one of these sometime.
Yes, this is a hobby and we have to slow down and enjoy what we are doing. It's not a race and we are not in competition with anyone. I've had to remind myself of that alot too...
Your picture on your top is so beautiful. I really enjoy the changing scenes. I might try that soon too. Thanks for sharing.
Another beautiful gift Linda.
Enjoy you granndies they grow up so fast.
That's a beautiful tree skirt, the colors are exactly what I would like!
Glad you're getting some sewing done. I just cannot work in my room upstairs without the AC. At least not until the 90-100 degree weather breaks!
Have fun with the kids!
So pretty - lovely work!!!
Hello Linda..first your photo at the top is striking...your block in very good taste...I am a new follower from charming girls club...how nice to meet you and your blog...love it all..
blessings charming madame samm
Oh Linda---thank you for posting that sentence about quilting being a hobby. I needed to hear that just now to put everything back into perspective now that school/vball life is starting to take back over.
Regarding the cats: DH is allergic to cats as well, so sadly no cats will grace the Skattebo family. Growing up next to a farm, it was nice to cuddle up with some of the barn cats, smelly-n-all :0)
Post a Comment