Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In My Mailbox! UPDATE! OOPS

This morning when I went to check the mail I took my camera to take a picture of the lilies I transplanted to a temporary location last summer when the highway department  decided to widen the county highway in front of our farm.  They took all of my flower bed and 12 sixty year old spruce trees.  I had been trying to establish a perennial bed.  I dug the lilies and planted them temporarily  in front of the house!  It worked!  The flower bed needs lots of help right now! That is one of my goals for the summer, along with scraping the paint of the front step and repainting it. We are trying to think of shrubs or something to put along the front of the house for privacy and sound reduction.

Now for the BEST PART of then morning!
In the mailbox I found a package from Nancy of Patchwork Penguin. Last week she had a give-a-way!  I won!!  All I can say is, "WOW!!!  It is a box FULL of awesome  coordinated fat quarters.  The colors are beautiful!  Now I need to find just the right project to make with them. I think they definitely fit into Amy's category of "Too Good To Cut."  Thank you Nancy!!!!!  I have met the greatest people through blogging!   I think I am actually starting to build a stash!!! 

UPDATE:
In the excitement of my package I forgot to add the pictures of my lilies!
Have a great day!
Linda

6 comments:

Amy said...

LOL...I didn't know you had a John Deere mailbox! Funny!

And I am STILL WAAAAAAAAAAY JEALOUS of you winning the giveaway! What a FUN FUN FUN collection of possibilities!!!!

Lunch time at data-retreat; starting to coast on fumes right now....

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on winning the giveaway. There is something intimidating about a nice color coordinated bundle of fat quarters. So hard to cut apart and so fun to admire. The lilies look great too

Maria said...

What a great find in the mailbox. Oh yes beautiful fabric and would be hard to cut.

Your flower bed is just gorgeous too.

Linda said...

Lucky you. Congrats on winning the giveaway. What a nice batch of fat quarters from Nancy....

Your flowers are beautiful! I have one yellow and several white that are late bloomers and I love them too.

Thanks for sharing your rainbows, they are lovely. Hugs, Linda

Tracy said...

Congrats on the win! I saw on Nancy's blog you won! Building your stash!
By the way, I like your John Deere green mailbox. Mine is Ford blue...literally! I got tired of the boys complaining of my previous paint job so one day when no one was around, I snuck down to the shop and lifted some partial spray cans of official Ford blue paint and painted that mailbox.

Cornfield Quilter said...

Congrats on your win!!! Just once I would like to win a contest. LOL Your lillies are beautiful! Mine looked pretty good this year too, must have been all the rain.