Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love being a Grandma! And project progress

First things first I was privileged to have grandson Cole  this morning. DIL-#1 had to go into work  for a couple of hours.  She asked if I would be able to have Cole. He is 7 weeks now, smiling and starting to talk.  It was the first time away from his mom.  First time taking a bottle.  He was here for four hours and he did great! She needs to go in again next Tuesday and I will be able to have him again.
On Tuesday night I worked on the projects I had started.  I sewed the binding around this tree skirt. I have to sew in the center  binding yet, then finish the  binding with hand sewing. I am actually going to label this piece.  I have never put labels on anything before.   It is a long story--short version--I have a relative who labels EVERYTHING with her name-date-on the front of any project.  She made sure she had credit for everything.  I didn't want to be like her.  A friend convinced me that labeling a quilt is different.

The second skirt I sewed on the outside border.  Then I finished sewing on the border of the table runner and did the quilting.  This binding I will also finish with hand sewing.  It is a gift for a friend who leads our small group on Wednesday nights.  I 'm going out now to "help" DH for a "couple of minutes".  On a farm their "couple of minutes" usually turns into at least an hour.
Take care!
Linda

5 comments:

Tracy said...

How well I know about "Can you help me for a few minutes?"!!
Beautiful projects and even more beautiful baby!

Janet said...

Oh my Cole has grown. 7 weeks already-how time flies. He is so cute! Lovely projects! I really like the red, white and blue table runner. "A couple minute" yeah right. :)

Linda said...

Linda, your work is beautiful! The tree skirts are so festive and the table runner is really fun. Cole is precious. I'm glad we'll get to see more pictures of him as he grows. Hugs!

Amy said...

WOW...pictures don't do these justice just based on how amazing the first tree skirt looked in person!

And...be sure to get to Nancy's (Patchwork Penguin) blog. You won her giveaway!!!! {I'm so jealous!!!!}

Anonymous said...

WOW has he grown! So cute!! WOOHOO Schools out for the summer!! Love you, Peg