Saturday, June 5, 2010

School's Out!

Summer is here!  I hesitate to call it "vacation"--It is more like changing jobs.  I will admit it is much better now that our dairy herd has been gone for a year.  Before I would switch my school clothes for my barn clothes.  DH and I would go out  where I would help milk, feed calves, and a variety of other daily chores.  I usually always helped with evening chores during the school year and on weekends, but once summer came I helped with every milking. I often  told people the  first mistake I made when marrying a farmer was to learn to milk!

This summer I have to clean my house thoroughly!  After almost a year of the road construction in my front yard everything needs a deep clean.  Monday I plan to take down the draperies and start in the living and dining rooms.

Scheduled for this summer(so far) -in addition to the usual bridal showers, weddings, and baby showers:
*One week in June I will be taking a one credit class for school.
*One week in August I will leading VBS at church.   We are using material from Go Fish called  "Backstage with the Bible".  Each day is set up as a Concert.
*I have offered each DIL to take each set of grandkids one day per week.
* Hopefully, DH and I will take a few days for a vacation away from home.  Last year was our first vacation in our 35 years of marriage.  We went to Glacier Park.

Of course,  I plan to make  time for quilting!

Have a great weekend!
Linda

6 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I know what you mean when you say summer is a busy time! But, oh, how we love having summer! Especially after last winter. lol

scraphappy said...

As much as the summer's can be busier than the school year, it is a very different kind of busy. Hope you do find some time to kick back and relax somewhere on that calendar of events.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! School's out for the summer! Well it will be Thursday, June 10 for me. I can't complain though I only worked the afternoons and I didn't even think of it as work. We need to have some days together. Maybe we can find another inspirational burn the candle in the middle seminar!! NOT!! Love you, sis.

Janet said...

Summers go so quickly. It is nice to have a change of pace in the schedule--even if it is busy. Have a great summer Linda!

Sue said...

Enjoy your summertime while we are feeling somewhay chilly Downunder!

Tracy said...

Sounds like a fulfilling summer!