Saturday, June 19, 2010

Delayed "Friday Night Sew In"

One Christmas Tree Skirt is finished.

 Tuesday night my small group from church met at The Potter Shed.   It is an awesome local business.  That night we each did a mosaic project.  I finished gluing on the broken glass pieces.  We were each sent home with a bag of grout and a sheet of instruction.  I don't know if I will be able to figure out how to do that part! I am not an artist by any stretch!  However, I did have a great time with six of the other gals in our group.   I gave the Red, White, and Blue Star Runner to my friend Rhonda.  She is the group leader and does an awesome job  faithfully each week.


I also finished  and gave the Happy Holiday table topper to my friend, Mary.  Mary subbed for me each time I needed to be out of my classroom this past year due to DH's doctor's appointments and his surgery.  I was comfortable knowing she was in my classroom.  I finished the binding with red-(Thank you for your suggestions!!) -I have another one cut out for myself that will have blue binding!

Tonight  was my "Delayed Friday Night Sew In".  After the grandkids left I pulled out the next Christmas Tree Skirt I am working on. I started the machine quilting.  I hope to finish the machine work  tomorrow afternoon.  
Have a great Father's Day,

Linda

2 comments:

Maria said...

Your new look blog looks good. I always love the view out of your kitchen window.
All your projects look great. Hope you get to finish your tree skirt too.

Janet said...

Love the double rainbow photo! With all the rain we have gotten this year there has not been very many rainbows. The topper looks very nice with red binding, but blue will be pretty too. Your friends are lucky to receive your lovely projects.