Last night when we returned from a family reunion, I dug out my BOM fabrics to sew the June blocks- (I did sneak a peek. Amy has the July blocks posted- don't tell her that I let you know!) Either the blocks are getting easier or I am becoming more confident. They went together quickly and with no problems.
Yesterday we attended a family reunion at Irvine Park in Chippewa Falls, Wi. My four grandkids and others their age were the fifth generation to attend the Peck Family Reunion Picnic. It was started by my grandparents 54 years ago. There are many traditions that have held for all those years. Everyone brings sandwiches, a dish to pass, and the "makings for lemonade" (it used to be fresh squeezed and mixed in a milk pail-now frozen concentrate in a big cooler), a collection is taken up mid afternoon for someone to go for ice cream, ( many years ago we went directly to a creamery to get delicious fresh ice cream), a cousin or uncle goes early-5:00 a.m. or when the park opens now- to reserve one of the shelters. There is a banner that hangs with the family name. Many things stay the same--everyone is watching everyone's kids, when someone calls "Mommy" in a panic voice- lots of mom's and grandma's go running. My oldest cousin was there from Oregon-I hadn't seen her many years, another cousin from Nevada. We missed those who weren't there due to age or distance and especially missed Grandma and Grandpa--and the uncles who are gone.
Tatum spent lots of time with Papa--She loved it when he pushed her in the swing.
2 comments:
I would bet that you are getting more confident!!!! ;0) And your announcement is quite alright---I'll get around to it later if others haven't caught on 8-)
The family reunion sounds like a blast! Your own goulash of a lemonade recipe. LOVE IT!
-Amy
Your BOMs look fabulous! What a stunning quilt it will turn into. Tatum with Papa is such a cute picture. It sounds like the reunion was lots of fun for all.
Post a Comment