Saturday, June 12, 2010

What happens when you don't like it?

I saw this   Christmas Tree Skirt on the Fat Quarter Shop website.  I thought it looked festive and would make a great gift.  I ordered the complete kit and pattern.  (Happy Holidays by Atkinson Designs) On the pattern there are three sizes.  I need a quick gift for a friend.  Since I have red, white and blue fabric--and really like the table runner I made with same fabric. I decided to make the smallest version.



     I wanted to use three colors instead of four.  The red was supposed to be two colors. This is the result.  I think I will use the blue for the binding.  Maybe I should add a red or blue border to it-then the binding.  Currently it is 20" X 23".  It needs a good pressing yet.  It called for using a 60 deg. ruler.  I used my Tri Tool Ruler. It was quick and easy to make.
Any suggestions???????????  Maybe it is one of those where I need to put it away for a few days- and then look at it later.  
Could be the cool-cloudy weather????
Have a great weekend!
Linda

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I like it just like it is without a border. It looks like it's quick and easy so I just might have to look for that pattern.

Janet said...

I like it. Red binding, I think.

Linda said...

Hey there, it's cute. I also think red binding or even gold binding...Quilt it with some stars and I think you'll end up liking it. Hugs, Linda

Shepherdess55 said...

I too would use a red binding.

Tracy said...

I'm partial to blue so I'd go with a blue binding!