Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Another Label

I am on a roll.  I made my second label for a quilt tonight.  If the quilt looks familiar it was my, "Make sure this baby is a boy" quilt.  I did have in mind that Monica and Eric were expecting their first baby.  So I knew there was a 50-50 chance this quilt could be for their baby.  I used my machine to stitch her name, date of birth, title of the quilt, and even added my name.  I framed it with one of the fabrics from the top. 

Monica is the younger daughter of Peg, my college roommate,  my "we claim we are sisters", and forever friend since 1970.  


One of the advantages of having rain after a seven year drought is that the flowers bloom much brighter with natural rain than when watering.  The pink clematis usually blooms earlier than the purple.

DH has been cutting hay for two days.  He is cutting first crop on some fields and second crop alfalfa on other fields.  I think I know what we will be doing on July 4th! 

No comments: