Since we last talked:
DH made a quick trip with a friend to Minot, N.D. A long story made short--the friend purchased three old John Deere tractors from a farmer there. He bought 2 John Deere Model A's and a John Deere Model D. He asked DH to ride along--after a great deal of self-arguing, he decided he would go. They left at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and returned at 2:30 a.m. on Monday morning. The load was heavy for the trailer and they blew a tire at 1:00 a.m. It is supposed to be a 10 hour trip each way--However, when you are pulling a load and can only drive 55 for 960 miles-It makes for a long trip. This isn't one they brought back--the ones Jay bought need LOTS of work to restore.
Monday through Wednesday I was in class and earned 1 credit towards my license renewal. 8:00 until 3:30 with a 10 minute break at 10:00-45 minutes for lunch and a 10 minute break at 2:00. It is another method of classroom management and working with students. Giving ownership of problems to the students-giving guidelines to solve their own problems--A different philosophy from the Positive Reinforcement model that so many are currently using. Like all methods--there are great ideas and some drawbacks. Monday evening a college friend called to say he and his wife were on vacation. They wanted to come over on Tuesday night. I have seen them once in 36 years. My first thought was how am I going to clean my house, prepare a meal, and lose 100 lbs in 24 hours while I am gone from 7:30 to 4:00. I worked at cleaning on Monday night. Decided to order pizza and made fresh strawberry shortcake--and thought oh well-about the 100 lbs-they will have to take me as they find me! They are from Nevada and are traveling for two months with a 5th wheel camper trailer visiting friends and family. We had a great visit.
Linda
4 comments:
Oh Linda...I don't know what I'm giggling at more....the 100 lb crack or the "DUH" moment with the machine!
And here I thought I was going to read that you were roped into the "tractor trip" too... ;0)
Monica and Eric do not know if it is a boy or girl, so good luck with that quilt. I do know that if it is a girl, name would be Elna Ann, after Bob's mom and my mom. Boy is Hugh Mark, Eric's grandfather and father. Elna would be Ellie for short and Hugh would be Hughie...so I would have a Louie and a Hughie, and someone will need to make a Dewey!! Quack says Donald Duck. Love ya, Peg
Oh Linda I am pleased we all have those moments.
I have only been using the knee lift for about a year when I got my new machine. Just /great.
Oh, Linda, you are a hoot. I can totally relate to you about all of the above!
I like to use my knee lift occasionally too and I forget about it. It's not a normal thing for me but it comes in handy.
My DIL is trying out that book with my grandchildren and it works pretty good! My granddaughter is one of those lovely children that is shall we say, hard headed??? or strong willed. Anyway, this gives her some new things to try out besides beating her! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment