I knew DH was planning to take a load of beef steers to the livestock market at Rock Creek, MN this morning. (About 2 hours away) I had several things I thought I would be accomplishing while he was gone. However, at 7:05 he came in asking, "Would you like to ride along?" Many years ago I made the commitment that when asked me to ride somewhere with him I would! So I quickly smiled saying, "Sure let me grab my shoes, a book and a quilting magazine." The reading material is for when he is sitting in the sales barn watching the steers sell and I am sitting in the truck. I have learned that it is a great time for us to talk and he shows me the things he sees each time he goes. It is really one of the things we have missed after I returned for my second teaching career 12 years ago.The best part is he always stops at the Cheese Store in Alpha. They make their own cheese. It is shipped world wide. He always buys fresh cheddar cheese curds--the kind that squeak when you bite them! Plus they have awesome ice cream cones. Where is the rule that you can't eat ice cream at 9:00 in the morning.
Today he didn't wait for the steers to sell. We got back home about 11:15. He is off to an "Answer Plot-Knowledge Event" field day about 45 minutes south. (For non farmers- they are sponsored by seed, fertilizer, chemical companies to check their test plots- as to what works most efficiently and economically yet with the greatest yield and production) Plus they have free lunch and a time for the guys to talk! Now--I will tackle some of the work I thought I would be doing at 7:00! I did work on quilting projects yesterday after church.--I will post pictures later!
Have a great day!
Linda
4 comments:
Your runner looks so nice on your header! I always liked your out my window shots too, but the runner really looks great. Riding along is one of the benefits of retiring I enjoy too. There are no distractions--like tv--so we can really talk and look at things. The cheese store sounds wonderful. I can eat ice cream any time. :)
Oh, good for you! I don't mind riding along on trips if I have something to do (ya know...in case the conversation in the vehicle is non-existent) You made good time if you're back already by noon :0)
Sitting in data-retreat right now; little break time on the schedule!
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Great that you took advantage of some time with your husband. But...you didn't have ice cream? Hehehheee
How nice to go along for the ride and spend some time with your DH.
Post a Comment