
The first day of no school. I had the curtains and sheers off the living and dining room windows by 7:00. I started washing windows. A friend told me that the outside Windex Window set works great. I think I will look for one on Tuesday.
I spent the next hour doing farm book work-paying bills, deposit, and sending invoices.
From 9:50 until 12:00 I spent in the dentist chair. That was not a pleasant part of the day--but it is over! I am a chicken and always take the nitrous oxide when offered.
I had planned on driving 20 miles to the nearest Walmart, Farm & Fleet, Menards, Penny's and Herbergers. ( I couldn't have made the trip without stopping at The Busy Bobbin) However, with half of my face numb from Novocaine, I decided to work at home and completed the afternoon by mowing lawn.
DIL#2 stopped on her way home from work. I was just leaving to rescue DH who had run out of gas 3 miles from home with Son's truck hauling water and chemicals. (Son had said he could make it 30 miles when it was on "E" he made 5 ). She left Grandson #1 who rode with me to the rescue. Grandson wanted to play with Granddaughter #1--so we hoped on the 4 wheeler and took the path around the corn field to spend 45 minutes with the Princess, 6 week old grandson #2 and DIL#1. A couple of hours later we drove him home and we saw Granddaughter #2.
So it was a good day! Sometime a different type of busy is relaxing!
Linda
3 comments:
It sure sounds like you made the most of your first day and had fun all at the same time. Here's to the rest of your summer.
Happy summer vacation.
wOw! You are going to be exhausted if your summer keeps up at this pace! :)
SheilaC
Post a Comment