Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Greetings From The Holiday Inn I35W

Two days of class down and three to go! When the brochure said 30 hours of comprehensive training they were not exaggerating! We start at 8:00--somewhere around 10:00 someone will ask if we could have a break. She gives us about a 5-7 minute break. For lunch she stretched it out to 45 minutes and the afternoon break is "take a quick break when you finish with your group work." We wrap up around 3:30.

I worked on machine stitching for about two and a half hours last night. The baby quilt is coming great. I worked about two hours again tonight. I plan to finish quilting the outside border yet tonight. I found the black print for the Mystery quilt--hope to work on that tomorrow night and Thursday night.

Wednesday, after class I am heading to St. Paul to visit Dar, Len, Louis, and Evelyn. I will be seeing Evelyn for the first time. She is the baby I made the Charming Baby quilt this spring.

It is HOT in Mpls!

Take Care,
Linda

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good to see you getting some quilting in :0) I have a workshop coming up in August, and I will have to trudge my machine along as well.

Hey---fret not---it's hot in Shell Lake too! I actually hauled my lil' butt to the beach for the girls' sakes yesterday! I was P-A-C-K-E-D!!!