First project finished was the table runner--I know these seem minor projects to seasoned/experienced quilters, however I am thrilled with what I am learning to do.I found this pattern at the Moda Bake Shop site.

Christmas runner- This is for a wedding gift. I plan to make the Christmas Tree Skirt to match. The patterns are from Gathering Friends-Special Requests book.

Christmas Time Tote Bag--Pattern from Charming Totes 4.
I used a charm pack to make this one---- I added pics of both sides.
I know the next one I do I'm going to think of a way to add a zipper-or button and loop to be able to fasten the top together.

Special Request:
Baby Will- The little guy who I made my first "cowboy" quilt has been diagnosed with a small aortic value in his heart. His heart is not allowing the oxygen to mix with the blood -or something like that. The first time I saw him at one week, I was very concerned because of his blue coloring and his legs were very blue. His mom and dad did take him to his local doctor where he was sent to Fairview Hospital-associated with the University of MN.
The pediatric cardiologist ordered many tests. Currently it is not life threatening--However, they go make in six weeks for more tests. This is a very young couple that is frightened. Please hold little Will in your prayers. Thank you.
Tonight I hope to finish a tote/purse to take to a conference next week in Minneapolis.
Have a great day!
2 comments:
The colors you used for the Moda Bake Shop runner are definitely perfect for me! I find I have many fabric favs: 30's colors, "earthy" colors, shirt scraps... So glad to see you enjoying your summer sewing time!
I am so sorry to hear about Will--of course he (and parents) will be in our thoughts!
Linda,
Tell Will's folks about Little Hearts. It is on Dar and Len's website. Nice organization for parents whose children are born with all types of heart defects. Also if it would help, talk with Dar , she can fill you in.
I know it is scary for them but if it was really bad I promise you, he would have been in surgery. The UM Drs. and Children's DRS. are some of the top in this field.
Believe me we know, with our little grandchildrens hearts.
Love,
Peg
Post a Comment