Friday, June 19, 2009

One more finished--and a question!


Next week I am attending an Orton-Gillingham Comprehensive Training in
Minneapolis for five days. I will be staying at a Holiday Inn in Bloomington. Now for my question--Would it be totally weird to take my sewing machine with me to work on projects at night? All I can think of is uninterrupted time to quilt!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Thank you! Happy Friday,

Linda
gpfarms@centurytel.net

I finished one more project! This is for me to use now! It is a purse tote. I found the pattern in a Fons and Porter mini mag which I received when I subscribed to their magazine. I made a few changes in it--But I like it. DH is going to cut a piece of something to give the bottom stiffness.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I don't think it is weird to take your machine along....... the question would be will you have a table to set it up on and/or space to use it? How about hand work? Quilting or Applique?

have fun!

nancy

Bonnie said...

Take it! Will you have homework? If not bring something to take your mind off your the serious stuff. I assume you are a special ed educator. Bless you. I could never do that but one of my buddies does an awesome job. Luckily, I am retired.

Most hotels now have desks in their rooms and of course, irons and ironing board. I would have a project pre-cut and bagged -- ready to sew. I'd also have a hand project too. No doubt classes will get out around 4 or 5. Hopefully you won't have to study and you can have uninterrupted quilting time. And, the worse thing would be not being able to get to sewing. (Or having the time and not having the supplies to do some!) Good luck. B.