Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fane's First Birthday

Happy
Birthday Fane!

Fane is one year old. He arrived at 29 weeks
weighing 3 lbs 14.7 oz and 16 1/4 inches long. The first six weeks of his life was in the neonatal unit at Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield, Wi. Look at him now! He was the center of attention at his party today.

I completed his birthday quilt at 12:10 this afternoon before his 1:30 party! I now know what marathon quilting is like. DH even took out the basting pins while I was pressing the binding. HEY! I actually did all four corners of the binding with no problem! YEAH ME!

I've been searching blog spots looking at the variety of fabrics quilters are selecting for their
Christmas Lights mystery quilt. I know there is no right or wrong.. I just need more confidence in my ability to select fabrics.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Linda, if it helps....
the first mystery of Bonnie's that I did, I tried to match her fabrics as close as possible. However, as I was moving into step 4 (I think there were 7 of that mystery), I changed fabric selections after seeing the "perfect fabric" while browsing up at Thimbles.

So, you are right; there is no right or wrong, but feel safe by following Bonnie's colors if that makes it easier for now. Mind you, the red hasn't been shown yet, so you'll need to wait on that if you want to see what she'll have :0)

Also---way to whip out they baby quilt AND quilt it in time.
Glad to see you enjoying your summer time :0)