My love of quilting officially started in January. I needed a stress reliever and always had wanted to learn to quilt. I had good intentions of learning from a book--after all I have sewn for years. Then I learned that the Shell Lake Community Education was offering a beginning quilter class being taught by a junior high teacher-Amy. There were 5 gals in the class quilting for the first time. We made a lap quilt designed by Amy. We each came away with a new confidence , wanting to learn more and five new friends! This is my almost finished quilt. I finished the binding and machine quilting after this pic.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
New Quilter:
My love of quilting officially started in January. I needed a stress reliever and always had wanted to learn to quilt. I had good intentions of learning from a book--after all I have sewn for years. Then I learned that the Shell Lake Community Education was offering a beginning quilter class being taught by a junior high teacher-Amy. There were 5 gals in the class quilting for the first time. We made a lap quilt designed by Amy. We each came away with a new confidence , wanting to learn more and five new friends! This is my almost finished quilt. I finished the binding and machine quilting after this pic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, the more I've been out-n-about, I've seen similar patterns to this one, called a Disappearing Nine Patch. Just an FYI.....
Post a Comment