Friday, August 6, 2010
Off and Running
I was catching up on reading a few blogs before I take off this morning. The guys had baled 2000 square bales of straw yesterday afternoon before a major part broke on the baler. Fortunately we were able to borrow a neighbor's baler to finish last night. They are able to use the neighbor's baler today and Saturday. They have been baling straw all week while DH combines wheat. We have three high school boys helping to haul wheat wagons and stack straw in the hay wagons. They are able to get considerable more bales in the wagon when they are stacked. We sell it to farmers right from the field. They use our wagons or bring their own. One farmer came with a flatbed semi to load the bales on. Some of the straw is baled in big round bales.
I had a great four days with Kasey and Cole this week. I do love having them and they are a blessing to our lives. Next week Kasey will be going to VBS with me. There is a toddler/preschool class for the workers kids. She will love it. During church service she sings as loud as she can and waves to those leading the music. Of course she doesn't know the words so she sings the songs she knows. Usually "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". As soon as the singing is over she looks at her mom saying, "Go play toys now."
This afternoon I need to continue prep for VBS lessons. Maybe tonight--I will be able to baste Dawn and Jason's wedding gift.
Until next time! Enjoy your day and smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have loved spending time with my DD2 and GC in Perth but it is also nice to be home.
Love the view out of your back door Linda.
Wow you have all been very busy on the farm while I"ve been away.
Your grandchildren are gorgeous.
What a sweet picture of your grandchildren. I hope your VBS goes well next week. :)
Post a Comment