Friday, August 27, 2010

Charming Girls Christmas in August Sewing Party!

Tomorrow  (Saturday) is Charming Girls Christmas in August Sewing Party!  The directions are to work on a Christmas project,  have Christmas DVD's and plenty of Chocolate ready! 
This is a "dual" purpose gift.  It is a Christmas Tree Skirt that I am making for a wedding gift.  It is for DS-2's former college roommate and his current coworker.   They have a long history they didn't know about.  When DS-2 was a baby, I did a long term sub job for Travis' mother when Travis was born.  The "boys" met in college never knowing the connection our families already had.  Travis was a groomsmen in DS-2's wedding and now  DS-2 is standing up in Travis' wedding.

I have the flimsy ready for basting and quilting.  I hope to finish it tomorrow.   I have the morning and evening to sew.  I need to pick up two grandkids at 12:30 for the afternoon.  If I finish I have another tree skirt and table runner to start work on.

Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Go Girl. You always make such gorgeous tree skirts.

Denise :) said...

This is beautiful! Have fun today! :)

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh that's going to be so cute - great gift!! Can't wait to see more - and I'm so glad you're sewing with us today!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

It's beautiful! What a thoughtful gift.

SheilaC said...

This is one of my favorites :)

Does it have to be a Christmas theme or just a gift planned for Christmas?

Have fun!

SheilaC

Dawnmarie's Life said...

It's beautiful. Can't wait to see more.

jan said...

Any time is the right time for Christmas sewing!!