This afternoon I was home alone! I have "almost" finished my August Christmas Sew In Project. All that is left is to hand sew the binding and the label. As far as I know now there are no more wedding in the near future that will require a special wedding gift.
The reason I'm home alone is the DH had the chance to go the the BIG Farm Progress Show at Boone, Iowa. DS-1 needed to go as part of his job at Tractor Central-the large John Deere dealerships in Northern & West Central Wisconsin.
So after attending a funeral this morning and looking for the thread. I also stopped at the local Curves and rejoined. I belonged a couple of years ago--I like the work out. When we were still milking cows I would come home from school and head to the barn. As much as I enjoy having the dairy cows gone. I did lose the two hours of physical work/ exercise that I had each night. So starting Thursday night--I will go up at least three times a week. Hopefully, I will lose weight, lose inches, and feel better!! Charming Girls Goal Report!
1. Take time for myself. I didn't do real well on this--but I am making progress. I have continued my reading and studying of Beth Moore's "Breaking Free." You could follow that journey on my Faith and Friends blog.
1. Take time for myself. I didn't do real well on this--but I am making progress. I have continued my reading and studying of Beth Moore's "Breaking Free." You could follow that journey on my Faith and Friends blog.
2. Walk or other exercise at least three times a week- I didn't do very well with this goal. My joining Curves will take care of this!!
3. Eat more nutritiously and not let my frustrations or stress control my eating habits.This I have worked on! It must be working--my clothes are fitting better. My Beth Moore study is helping with my frustrations and stress.
Needs to be accomplished:
1. Complete the wedding gifts for Dawn & Jason, and Becky & Travis. Dawn & Jason's was given to them. Today I have finished all the machine work on Becky & Travis'.
2. Spend time preparing my stories/ object lessons for VBS. It was a great week. Lots of hours of prep--but was good!



5 comments:
First Linda, I adore your tree skirt...delightful. Best of wishes for reaching all your goals. Sounds like you are on the right track. Identifying them., sharing them and doing them. Check check check...lol
blessings charming m.samm
The tree skirt looks great. I'm glad you were able to find the thread you needed. It's always so frustrating to run out in the middle of a project. Good luck with your goals, it looks like you are making real progress.
The tree skirt is wonderful!
I admire your setting goals...I should do the same!
So glad VBS went well.
I hope you'll have a good school year too! :)
Love the way your quilt turned out - so very pretty! And, look at you go - you had a great two months! Very impressive! Hope you have fun at Curves, and can't wait to see what you have planned for the next couple of months!
Post a Comment