Saturday, August 28, 2010

Update on Christmas In August Sewing Party!


I didn't finish the tree skirt--But!! I did make great progress.  It is all together and I almost finished the machine quilting. All that is left is where you see the pins.  I need to pick up more multi-colored thread to finish the quilting.  The binding is sewn together ready to be added as soon as I finish the quilting. 



I listened/ watched the "Christmas Box" while I was basting the top and then listened to Michael W. Smith's "Christmas Time" CD while I was quilting.

 Tomorrow our grandson, Cole is being dedicated at church.  We were invited over to DS-1's house tonight for pizza to see DIL-1's two sets of grandparents and her parents who are here for the dedication.   I decided that took priority over more sewing!

I'm anxious to see the projects you worked on during our Virtual Sewing Party!





9 comments:

Cindy said...

It's so pretty, Linda. It'll be beautiful this holiday season.

Kim said...

Your treeskirt looks great!

Sparky said...

Ohhh my charming lady ...you were busy and your blog, design in the making, ...blessings charming lady samm

Maria said...

I hope you had a lovely evening with the family. You can sew anytime.

Carol said...

What a pretty tree skirt...great progress! It sure was a fun day!

Anita in Florida said...

Love the tree skirt!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Your tree skirt looks great. :) Great progress.

Linda said...

The tree skirt is so pretty, Linda! I watched The Christmas Box when it first premiered. I think I'll watch it again during the season. I really enjoyed the book and the author's story of how it came to be published is a miracle story in itself.

Darlene said...

Love your tree skirt, Linda! Wonderful progress. :-)