VBS is over for another year. We averaged 83 kids a day. The numbers were down slightly this year. About 60% of the kids were not from our church. It was a busy and exciting week. We used the Back To the Bible Curriculum put out by the GO FISH Guys group. It was excellent--full of energy for the kids and a great message!
DIL-1 dropped Kasey off each morning to go with me to VBS. Afternoons Kasey would take her nap as I prepared my lessons for the next day. I have had Kasey for the past 12 week days. We have had a great time!
As of now-I am not scheduled to have any grandkids on Saturday. I think DH is going to a farm auction that means I will be home alone! I just may lock the door, not answer the phone, and have some ME time. That will include basting and quilting the tree skirt wedding gift for an August 21st wedding and starting a baby quilt for a young gal at church who is due the end of August.


3 comments:
VBS touches so many lives. Thank you to you and the other adults for working so hard. It was through VBS that I came to love Jesus. And I wasn't even there. One of my older brothers brought a song home from VBS and sang it. It was through that song that I learned that Jesus Loved Me and my walk with Christ began that day.
God bless all of you for loving these children.
You have done well working with the children and having little Kasey so I agree. Lock the door, take the phone of the hook and just sew.
Hope you got some quiet time for YOU today, you deserve it :)
SheilaC
Post a Comment