MUF's is a term given by
Kelly of Charming Chatter. Sometimes I am not pleased with how something is turning out so I put it away for awhile.. Other times, well you all know about other times and projects. First project I sandwiched and quilted this weekend was a crib quilt from a
tutorial on Kelly's site. I need to finish the binding and it will be the first baby quilt in the stack for this fall and winter. I realized that I am going to need SEVEN baby quilts between October and February!
Next project I sandwiched was Conner's Cars quilt. I hope to start quilting yet tonight.


This afternoon I sorted fabric to find what I have for a baby girl quilt for October. When I asked Sadie what colors she would like her response was, "I'd like to do her nursery very vintage floral/romantic....can't wait for all the pink!" I found Oasis by 3 Sisters in my stash, I think they will work for a Shabby Chic look. Any suggestions or opinions?? (After looking at this picture I might take out the reddish ones and go with pinks, aquas and yellows!)
Tomorrow is supposed to be another hot day with the temperature forecast to be 96 deg. Like much of the rest of the midwest we need rain. For a week in early June we had a full week of heavy rain. It is gone. The corn and soybean fields are under severe stress.
We celebrated Tatum's 3rd birthday on Saturday with home waterpark. DS-2 has built a play set for the kids from what was the front deck on their house. Another grandma bought the tube slide for them. DS-2 attached a sprinkler hose to the top of the slide.
Then fastened the Slip & Slide to the bottom.
Out came Conner..All the kids loved it!
Especially the birthday girl!
I am so very blessed!
One more day to the Red, White and Blue Blog Hop! It has been great. I have "meet' so many awesome quilters and many great ideas. Check out the last day on Monday!
7 comments:
We were eyeing up those homemade waterslide pics via facebook. Great creativity to help make the day even MORE memorable! :)
You are so busy quilting!! Loved being apart of the RWB blog hop also!!
Love both quilts , my grandson would also love the cars quilt.Great waterslide , the grandkids will have a lot of fun on that. I've enjoyed the RWB also and have added a few new blogs to my list:-)
I do love the pinwheels baby quilt..
I agree with your re the fabrics for the vintage baby girl quilt. Red out and mor Pink,Yellow and Aqua..
What a fabulous water slide for the kids.
Lovely new photo of GD2
Such pretty quilts and fabric! I know you're staying busy!!
Looks like they're having lots of fun keeping cool! :)
Great job on the slip and slide! And the quilts are wonderful (of course!)
I haven't checked the rain gauge, but the rain yesterday was wonderful! I hope the fields were a bit rejuvenated.
Post a Comment