I was a involved in 4-H as a member.
In our small northern Wisconsin area we have our county fair. Each year there are fewer and fewer exhibits and participants. Two of my friends decided they were going to enter their knitting, some sewing and canning. They talked me into taking two of my quilted projects.
Once you are out of 4-H you may enter into the open class.
All of the knitting, crocheting, and quilting are displayed and judged in an old school house that was moved onto the fairgrounds. It has old desks, chalkboard, photographs of old one room school activities, report cards, and lists of families that attended Washburn County Schools.
In another building are the vegetables, flowers, sewing, photography, baking, canning, cake decorating and many more entries.
Well- I entered two of the items I made for the Red, White and Blue Hop. I earned a Blue on the Table Topper and a red on my runner. The Blue went to a square table runner who had wool flowers appliqued to the top.
-The BEST PART IS NO RECORD BOOK TO COMPLETE!




2 comments:
Nice job Linda!
congrats!
Post a Comment