Thursday, July 19, 2012

Four hours as a tourist!

In our area of Wisconsin we have lots summer tourists from Minnesota and Illinois.

Today was my day!  I put on the sunglasses but couldn't find a big floppy hat and away I went! (Thursday is a good day to go--it is essential to avoid the weekend.)
 First, I met a friend at the Potter's Shed Cafe for lunch.  It is only open from May through October.  
 We ate our sandwiches outside where we could listen to the wind chimes and enjoy the beautiful day.
                                   We spent two hours just talking, laughing and crying.
.  
From there, well actually I met with an insurance agent for an hour.  THEN I headed north  to the closest local quilt shop.  I just learned today that in blog talk LQS means local quilt shop.
I only purchased thread and 2 1/2 yards of sale fabric, pink and white dotted.  After all remember all the baby quilts I have to make.

I headed north again to Simply.
 It is a primitive gift shoppe in an 1907 farm house.  Vicki has antiques,  primitives, candles, wooden shelves, etc.  It is a fun place visit.  She is open May through November.
 I did buy a primitive plate and black wall bracket for it.  Also country lights to mix in my garland that is on the top of my hutch.
It was a good day. Next time maybe you could come along!

8 comments:

tammy said...

Thanks for bringing us along via pictures. I've visited Wisconsin one time on our way through to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for a family visit. We stopped somewhere near Appleton I believe and ate at a farm house converted into a restaurant. It was yummy and the state is most beautiful!!♥

Sheila said...

Looks like some places that I would enjoy visiting. Thanks so much for sharing.

Maria said...

Oh Linda how nice to be able to come along. It's so good to have a friend you can share everything with,even a good cry.
I did not know that LQS meant Local Quilt shop either. We learn something everyday..
Thanks for taking me along for your gorgeous day out.
looking forward to seeing what you create with the pink dots..

Andee said...

I have been to Thimbles...great shop and SUPER friendly people there. My Dad's place is really close to that shop, he is gone now but Margie is still there. Have not been to the Shed but will put it on my list!

JudyCinNC said...

A wonderful get-away - sometimes you just have to make time and do it. Touch and feel is what I call it - so husband do not ask me what we are looking for!!! I am looking. Judy C

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Sounds like so much fun just hanging out and shopping!!

Carrie P. said...

Now that gift shop looks like some place I would like to shop in.

Sharon said...

Oh, how I wish we lived closer to one another. I'd love to visit these lovely shops with you! So glad you had a wonderful day!