Monday, August 16, 2010

Frustration!!!!

Yep--That is two empty spools of thread I used to work on the tree skirt. And yep!  I ran out before I finished the machine quilting. - I had planned on finishing the quilting, cutting the center,  and sewing on the binding tonight so all that was left was the finishing hand work. 

I froze 20 quarts of corn this morning.  Then went to have my hair trimmed and shaped.  I am trying to grow out my hair for a new hairdo--just plain tired of very short hair.  DIL-2, a hair stylist,  knows what we are working towards and she shapes and trims it.

I  then went to buy myself a battery powered weed trimmer.  Each time I have mentioned to DH that I would like one he says he will take care of it.  The last time I asked for one  before he bought  himself a Stihl gas powered brush cutter with weed trimmer attachment!  That is too heavy and too hard to start.  I have the battery charging tonight and tomorrow afternoon when he leaves to combine I will try it out!!  That is after I freeze 20 more quarts of corn in the morning.

6 comments:

SheilaC said...

That's a lot of corn!!

I hate running out of thread in the middle of something. Hope you can get it locally!

SheilaC

WhiteStone said...

You are toooooooo ambitious! LOL

scraphappy said...

So frustrating to run out of thread in the middle of a project. It is looking good though. Have fun with all that corn. I'm sure it will taste great all winter.

Linda said...

Too bad about the thread. Just when you had the time and you were ready to finish! Oh well, take a breather and run get some more thread and look for more fabric while you're at it! The tree skirt looks great!

Wow, sounds like you'll have enough for the winter. Nothing like fresh corn, uhm, uhm, good! Hugs, Linda

Amy said...

Oooo...maybe I need to have DH get outside to check out the corn to see if it's ready! We planted Memorial weekend---what about you?

And YUP! Been there with the thread before!!!! Sorry hun!

And...your "DH's purchase" story made me giggle. Kinda sounds like here too......needed a "little garden rake" for simple weeding, and he came back with what looked like a shovel, 'cept had three little "rakey" tongs on the end. Guess that's the difference between a 5'3 woman and a 6'6 man; he thought it would be easier because I didn't need to bend. ;0) Gotta love the thought.... ENJOY YOUR TOY!

Tracy said...

Let us know how the trimmer works. I have the same problem. Usually one of the boys will do the trimming but not always.
Too bad your thread ran out, I know when you're on a roll you like to get things done while the creative juices are flowing!
That corn will taste wonderful this winter...I'm thinking chicken corn soup!