The soybeans are starting to turn from green to yellow to brown. The leaves will dry up and fall off leaving the bean pods to finish drying before they are combined.
Today DIL-1 had to work. She works as an assistant director/ caseworker supervisor at a residential treatment center for male teenagers/ young adults who have been court ordered or placed by parents. She doesn't mind working today because county social workers across the state don't work today so she is able to do a great deal of paperwork. She didn't have day care so Cole and Kasey spent the day with me.
Cole usually is smiling and had been just before I took the picture. He is 4 1/2 months and recognizes us when they come over. The apple and chime ball are left overs from when my boys were babies.
When Kasey came in she said she had two holes in her blankie that needed more patches. We found my squares and she selected a purple with white flowers and bright pink polka dots. She still likes to "help" me sew. She often becomes very involved and intense in what she is doing.
School is in full gear ahead tomorrow. The students started last Wednesday. I am still working on the schedule and trying to work out how I will teach four levels of reading to four third graders at the same time at 8:30 tomorrow morning. My para will have three students for math at two grade levels. That leaves four more students I need to have independent work to do during the first hour. Anybody have an idea how I could clone myself during the school day???

3 comments:
I like the label for the tree skirt. The grand kids are so cute. I wish I could give you some advice for the cloning. Our minister's wife has the same problem. She teaches on the Indian Reservation. Teaching is a tough job.
Beautiful label for your wedding gift. How nice to have your littles over. Kasey does look very busy.
I think you do a great job teaching.Sounds like you are very short staffed.
Yikes, what a crazy schedule! Somehow you will figure it all out.... but it is still crazy.
The grand kids are just so cute, and I see you have a blossoming quilter!
Glad you got to have some fun grand ma time.
SheilaC
Post a Comment