Thursday, June 21, 2012

Where did this week go?

I am wondering when I have time to teach during the school year.


On Monday I picked up Conner from Summer School.  He will be starting Kindergarten this year.  I have been working on cleaning out attic closets.  We were working on the dormer attic in DS-2's room.   We found his daddy's Construx, Legos, Lincoln Logs, and an Erector set.  Conner was thrilled.  .  He had fun trying out the Construx. He is definitely his father's son!

Tuesday and Wednesday I kept cleaning.  DH was gone on Wednesday so I filled the dumpster with loads from the upstairs closets.  Today I had Jessica ( 16 months) for the morning-she is really developing her own personality!

At night I have been working on blocks for a baby quilt.  I have three quilts to make for babies this fall.  I know one will be a girl.   I found a pattern on Connecting Threads website called, "Oh My Stars Sampler".   I used soft pinks and gray. (Moda's Puttin' On the Ritz layer cake.)

I have to decide how to work the sashing yet. The original pattern suggested bright pink, green, blue and yellow.  Then using the colors as the sashing strips.  I  may lay it out with strips of the fabrics I used. Also, I don't like the 9th block.  It is a totally different star.  I am thinking of making a block already in the quilt in different fabrics.



On Friday I have Kasey and Cole.  We spend a fun day together,  it gives the day care lady a three day weekend with her family, and saves DIL-1 the cost of a daycare once a week during the summer.   Friday night DIL-2 & DS-2 are attending a young adult marriage seminar at their church. They bring their three here for a couple of hours.   I am so blessed to be able to spend  time with my grandkids and be a part of their lives.

1 Thessalonians's 5:17  Pray without ceasing. 

8 comments:

tammy said...

When you are finished cleaning your house come clean mine...LOL!

You are blessed to see your Grands often. I wish I lived nearer to mine but am thankful it is only 5 hours away...lot's of folks live even further away.

That is going to be a pretty quilt!

betty said...

It is cool too that you can be so close to your grands to spend the time with them and you have summers off to be able to do so!

enjoy!

betty

Maria said...

Connor certainly looks very happy playing with his Dad's building blocks..
Yes it is wonderful to spend time with the young ones.
The ninth star is very different but you could put it as the centre block. that would look better...

Linda said...

Don't you love being a Grandmom? I enjoy my grandkids too and am glad I get to spend time with them. It's fun and you build that relationship so early in their lives. Little Conner is so cute and looks like he's really enjoying himself.

Your quilt will be so pretty. Yes, just pick one and make it in different fabrics and it will be fine. Have fun with it!

scraphappy said...

It sounds like you are managing to stay plenty busy without work getting in the way of all the good stuff. Great looking star quilt. The different star would look like it belonged if it were in the center, but any of the other blocks would look great as well. What about doing one of the other stars with a string square in the center? It will be perfect for a baby girl whatever you decide.

Sharon said...

That is a happy boy! I love your pink and gray quilt! It sounds like you are getting so much done.

WhiteStone said...

Grandkids! A true blessing!

Belinda said...

I tried posting a comment and got an error, so if this is a duplicate, please just ignore one of them. :)

I love the header photo Linda, and your little quilt is lovely! I don't know where you get all your energy!