Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm confused?

I thought when school was out I was supposed to find "me" time!
Last week Monday and Tuesday DIL-1 didn't have day care. So the first day of summer vacation DH wanted us to ride with him to look at machinery on a farm auction. (Just what I was anxious to do on my first day of summer vacation.)  We stopped at McDonald's  on the way back.  You can tell where I rate.  The opposite side of the table with DH making faces at me!
The rest of the week:
*attended an RTI  (Response To Invention) meeting at school
*watched Tatum and Jessica 4 hours on Wednesday afternoon
*picked up 5- 5 qt buckets of strawberries to make jelly and freeze--and of course eat.

*-Ran errands with DH.
*  Conner, Tatum, and Jessica were here while DS-2 and DIL-2  attended a young couples marriage seminar at their church. 
*Attended the Dairy Breakfast at the fairgrounds
*Went to a baby shower on Saturday afternoon--no quilt for this one.. My friend is a quilter and this is her first grandbaby.

However!  Sunday afternoon DH was spreading fertilizer so I did add the stars to my block!  I still have to do the hand sewing of the binding.  I really did the applique WooHoo!

While looking for a certain pattern I found a zip lock bag with these inside. I have no idea what they were for or when I cut or sewed them.  Oh MY!  I must have been losing it!

Oh-- I did try something new.  Some of you are so creative...You can take an old chair, set a flower pot on it and it looks great...For me I would set a flower pot on an old chair and it looks like a flower pot on an old chair..  see!






So---- I took spray paint to my old chair...
What do you think??

I'm trying...

Enjoy your beautiful day. 
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118:24


13 comments:

Carrie P. said...

cute little star quilt.
that is funny about the what was in the sip loc bag.
I like what you did with your chair. Nice little garden display.

Amy said...

LOVE the touch of paint to the chair! Excellent touch.

As for summer vacation; .... yeah...where DID last week go? :D I'm thankful for WEEKS of summer vacation.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Summer can definitely get busy! I guess all we can do is enjoy whatever we end up doing! Love your star quilt!
Your grandchildren are adorable!!

tammy said...

I really like your yard decor...I think the red paint makes it all pop along with the bright flowers!

Maria said...

Love your header photo.
Phew sounds like my weekend a few weeks ago. But it is so nice to have the kids.
Hahaha I had a mystery project like yours but luckily a patch friend knew what it was..

StitchinByTheLake said...

Linda I love your flower pot and old chair. :) The wheel barrow and shovel make it look like you've been working and have just left it for a minute. Perfect! blessings, marlene

Melanie said...

You did a great job with the chair, Linda! Your quilt is beautiful-love those colors!
I hope you enjoy your summer break.
Your grandchildren are cute as can be. :)

betty said...

I know after my SIL retired, she was still waiting to not be on the go all the time, LOL; always something up and about to do; hope you do get a bit of a rest on your summer vacation!

betty

Linda in Arkansas said...

Okay it's been a while since I've visited and I didn't realize how much I missed it until now. That's the way it goes isn't it? I do like the placement of the stars much better on this block really helps them to pop. Also love the wheelbarrow and placing the watercan on the chair along with painting it really does the trick. It looks great!!

FlourishingPalms said...

How funny... life happens doesn't it? And the best laid plans by Mom are always at the bottom of priorities. Your chair-barrel-floral vignette is very nice. Good for you.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great block and your flower "chair" looks neat! Time just seems to fly doesn't it!

Amanda said...

I love the chair! Very cute.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Kids make summer time busy...and so much fun.

Sharon said...

I love your yard decor! Yes, the painted chair is perfect and the red, white, and blue flowers are so pretty in the wheelbarrow!