While working outside this afternoon I saw this interesting "creature" fluttering around a planter.
I was able to snap a few pictures while it sucked from the blossoms.
Between goggling striped hummingbird and facebook friends, I learned it is called a White-Lined Sphinx Hummingbird Moth. It was the first time I have ever seen one. Several of my facebook friends have them around their flowers this year also.
Last fall DIL-2's grandma was digging up one of her perennial gardens. DH and I went out to dig up several varieties of perennials. The problem this spring is that I didn't label them.
For now I am waiting for them to bloom to know what is a flower and what could be weeds.


2 comments:
Interesting visitor in your garden Linda.
Love all your pretty flowers.
Well you taught me something new! I've never heard of such a winged creature. Good for you to have caught it with your camera.
Post a Comment