Thirty eight years ago DH and I started on our journey together. Our friends sang the traditional mid 70's wedding songs The Carpenters "We've Only Just Begun," and " Where There is Love-The Wedding Song." As in all marriages we have had our joys: the birth of three sons, two wonderful daughters-in-love, and now soon to be six precious grandchildren. We were heartbroken when our oldest son was killed when he was four years old in an accident on our farm. Most of the time we have remained friends.. There are times I didn't like him very much--but never stopped loving him!
A couple of month ago Tatum looked up and noticed our wedding picture. She looked for a moment and the said, as only a 2 1/2 year old could, "Grandma, you're a princess!" Weren't we all princesses on our wedding day!
Tonight is the Friday Night Sew-In! I have a couple of MUF (Masterpiece Under Fermentation) that I would like to finish.
Does anyone have a book or source to learn how to do paper piecing? Now that I have started on my way of conquering my fear of applique, I would like learn how to quilt with paper piecing.
I Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

11 comments:
Wow! 38 years. That's is really great. I bet he still looks the same to you too. Good luck with your MUF. Maybe you can find something online for the paper piecing.
Happy Anniversary!!!
Happy Anniversary, Linda! My marriage has had it's ups and downs too and I think that's just life. It's mostly good. I'll be at the Friday Night Sew-In too! Hope you get lots done! I learned paper piecing from Carol Doak's books. Not sure which one. I'm sure Amazon has them all
P.S. You did look like a princess!
Hubby and I have been married 33 years and had "We've Only Just Begun" as our recessional at our wedding.
Happy Anniversary Princess Linda!
Happy anniversary, Linda! I wish you many many more!!
Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations on 38 years!!!
I forgot about Friday Night Sew-In and ready to go to bed now. LOL!!
Congratulations to you both on your 38th Anniverary.. I like what you said about "Not Liking" but still "Loving" May you have many more happy years together. And you do look like a princess.
Have you checked out Google for paper piecing ???
Happy anniversary! I think we all had We Only Begun at our weddings during that era! Wishing you many more wonderful years together!
betty
Ooh, happy 38! I hope it was a wonderful anniversary. I'm not too far behind you!
I went to the church and sewed with some friends for Friday night sew in but didn't sign up...I got several things done but none finished.
Well...I really thought that I left a comment on this post saying we had the same song at our wedding...it must not have took...lol!
Also wanted to thank you for your sweet comments over at my daughter's blog!
Congratulations! You do look like a princess on your wedding day. I love YouTube for any visual tutorial, but there is also a nice pattern/tutorial here: http://resources.quiltwoman.com/hints/Basic_Paper_Piecing3.pdf
Post a Comment