Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Another first from my kitchen window!



When I was washing dishes on Wednesday night, I could see something moving on the shoulder of the road.  It was moving in and out of the weeds.  Of course I had to investigate.  I found a snapping turtle.  It is so ugly!    I have no desire to try Turtle Stew!                                    











No matter who it was--Jordie would fetch sticks  or Frisbee's as long as someone would keep throwing them.



8 comments:

Maria said...

I like your ugly turtle....LOL
and your Rainbow.
Yes Lacy also loves to chase anything..

tammy said...

I would have been afraid of that turtle, but then I'm a weany around wild-life...lol!

StitchinByTheLake said...

That's a pretty big turtle! blessings, marlene

FlourishingPalms said...

The turtle's face... well, only a mother could love it.

Sharon said...

I love your rainbow picture in your header! The turtle is a big guy/or gal. The first time we ever threw a frisbee for our dog to catch, she jumped up and tried to catch it with her paws!!! We all just about died laughing. :D

Carrie P. said...

love that header photo. kids and dogs, great combination!

Linda said...

I have a pond or tank as we call it on our land and we have turtles, snakes, frogs, fish, coyotes, skunks and all kinds of wild life. We have to watch all the time for snakes. Believe it or not the turtles keep the snakes down. At last count, we had 12 turtles. We also get cranes and ducks at the pond.

I have a dog that will play ball by herself if no one else will play with her. Now, her frisbee she won't play with unless someone throws it. She will grab it and shake it but she hasn't learned to throw it...yet!

Quilter Kathy said...

I saw a snapping turtle this week too...I think they must be looking for somewhere to lay their eggs.