School is settling into a very busy routine. I didn't receive any additional help. Two of my sixth grade students are spending an hour a day at the Junior High Sped classroom. We are using it as a transition for next year. It is working well and occupies one hour of the day were they would be sitting in my room doing seatwork. My students are not having all their needs met and I am pulled in too many directions. When the end of the day arrives I am exhausted. I haven't been able to spend nearly the time I would like to with my projects.
However, I have managed to complete two projects. In August when I posted pictures of my summer projects on facebook, one of my cousins made the comment asking if her name was on any of the runners or toppers. I thought--if I had a chance I would make one for Julie. When our local orchards were out of apples I called Julie because there are several orchards in their area about 85 miles south of us. She went to the orchard and picked up 2 1/2 bushels for me. I finished the table topper and added a label for her. DH met Julie's son at WITC in Rice Lake to pick up the apples and sent the topper home with him.
Saturday afternoon I have a baby shower. The new dad is a fan of the University of Michigan, Minnesota Twins, and the Minnesota Vikings. I tried finding Minn. Twins fabric and it is not available any longer. I was able to find U of Michigan fabric. I couldn't bring myself to sew a Vikings quilt! (GO PACKERS- The season is 1/2 way to being totally successful-The Packers beat the Vikings!!!) This way when "Jax Thomas" arrives in a few weeks he will be able to cuddle with his dad and his quilt to watch the Wolverines together!


3 comments:
Sorry you did not get any help with your students Linda.
What a wonderful surprise for your cousin Julie when she receives the table topper. Great to be able to do something nice for each other.
Lovely Baby quilt too.
I really like the colors of the table topper for Julie. I'm sure she is loving it. I had to laugh about your not being able to sew Viking material. lol My SIL's family are Viking fans and one of my other BIL's is a die hard Packer guy--they have alot of fun sniping at each other. The baby quilt is darling. I'm sorry you didn't get more help at school. I think all schools struggle with staffing and budgets. It's too bad we don't support education more financially. Take care of yourself.
Lovely table topper!
I wish I could help you in your classroom...I always wanted to be a teacher.
Post a Comment