I decided to celebrate my birthday by having a giveaway for my blogging friends!!!
Since eight friends entered--You are all winners!
How about that--eight friends entered for my birthday on the 8th!
How about that--eight friends entered for my birthday on the 8th!
I don't know how to do the High Tech way of drawing numbers, I just used the
- "print out the comments--put them in a hat and draw out the winner" method.
And the First Winner is...
Janet- She likes the idea of "Let's Do Lunch." I just may travel to South Dakota next summer to take her up on the idea! Enjoy your Chai Chocolate.
Cindy won the "Dealer's Choice" book. She also likes the Atkinson Designs.
I have other books or charm packs that I am sending to everyone else! I would pick up an item, reach in the hat and draw a name! The perfect way to spend my birthday--sharing with friends.
One blogging person emailed directly rather than leaving a comment to say that my blogs were too depressing and personal. They are supposed to be fun and exciting. Maybe that's why only eight people responded. Oh Well! Life is both--If we didn't have valleys we wouldn't appreciate the mountains!!
I do greatly appreciate all eight of you!!!!!!



10 comments:
Linda, I hope you had a great day today! I love to read your blog, in my opinion they are like your own journal, put whatever in that you are feeling! Of course, I haven't blogged much.....But I stalk lots of peoples! I think my favorite (because she updates so often!) is Patchwork Times! I think they are a little like reality tv, but no one is faking anything! Sometimes I feel nosy reading them, but people wouldn't post it if they wanted it private, right? Anyway, please keep blogging exactly as you have been!
Happy Birthday, Linda!! I will enjoy the book even more now!! It would be fun to have lunch someday. :)
I don't think there is a mood code for blogs. I love the blogs that share their quilting and their lives. If they don't want to read, they don't need to click. I don't know one person who doesn't have ups and downs in life. It makes us who we are! A big birthday hug for you, dear friend. HUGGGGG Janet
"too depressing and personal"????
Naw, I like the chattiness of your blog.
For "depressing and personal" she should read MY blog. *Giggle*
Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!
Happy Birthday!!!
This is your blog and you can put what you want on it!!
I think it's great! :)
Your blogs are great and they are not depressing. Happy Birthday and thank you in advance for the book I won. Many great things will come out of it.
Happy Birthday Linda!
I enjoy your blog...don't change a thing! And you are way better at posting than I am! I haven't posted since the first day of school!
That is so generous of you to give us all a prize!
Oh, Linda, happy birthday. I just got back into town and catching up on my emails and blog reading...I totally agree with you about the valleys and the mountains. Your blog is not depressing at all. Personal, yes, sometimes but that's why I read your blog. You are sharing part of your life with us and I appreciate you doing that. Our blogs should be personal, they are who we are. This is a journal of the times and happenings in our lives as well as our projects. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Thanks for thinking of us on your birthday and for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. Hugs, Linda
Happy Belated Birthday!! So sorry I missed it
I hope you had a perfectly wonderful day!!
SheilaC
Happy belated birthday! You have a great blog, and I think that one of the things that makes blogging so rewarding is that even though we probably won't meet most of our blogging friends we can care about them and share our lives and feelings with them and they can do the same and we care. There are few blogs that I have seen that are 100% quilting, and I think that that is a good thing.
Hope you had a wonderful Birthday Linda. Sorry I missed your special day.I feel like I am just catching up on my blog reading after our Quilt Hanging.
I always enjoy reading your posts as they are about your life and as you said we have ups and downs.
Love your new header photo ,so cute.
Post a Comment