Monday, May 31, 2010

Creating unfinished projects!


#1 New unfinished project. Last week at night I needed to unwind and just plain sew!! I had purchased a set of six red, white and blue fat quarters at Thimbles Quilt Shop this winter.  I pulled them out three of them  thinking I could make a table runner either for me or as a gift.  Things went pretty well until I needed the two longer borders.  I was short 4 inches!!!! I went on line and was able to find the same fabric.  It should arrive this week!  Of course!  I did order a bit more than I really needed!  How else am I to build up my stash--and if I ordered just a little more it was free shipping!  I couldn't pass up that deal!  Think of all the  money I saved!!



#2 Last winter when DH was in the hospital I had taken  cutting supplies and fabric for my week stay at the hotel.  One of the projects I started work on was the "Poky Little Puppy" quilt I had found in the Fons & Porter Fall 2009 Baby Quilts. I "fussy cut" the puppies.  I found the tote with the fabric and decided to work on it.  I had forgotten that I had not been able to purchase one of the required colors.  (the smallest  blue squares and inner border was supposed to be green)  No problem--I would substitute!  I ran out of inner border fabric. I have the outer border and backing fabric.  Once again, I went on line and found the fabric  I need to finish the binding. And of course--again a little extra fabric I just couldn't resist.

#3  I still needed to sew.  I have four wedding coming up which need Christmas Tree skirts.  I made one from this  pattern last fall for Monica and Eric's wedding.  I pulled out the fabric to start another one.  As I was looking through the fabrics to cut the "logs" from.  I found enough logs already cut.   I sewed  up the center square and I'm ready to start sewing the logs.

 This is the last week of school!  We are finished at noon on Friday! Whoo Hoo!  My list of things that need to be cleaned or worked on this summer keeps growing.  I think I will reward myself.  With each completed job I will spend time sewing!

Have a great week!
Linda

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

You got a lot done during your week in the hotel. I love the Poky Little Puppy Blocks. I remember just loving that book as a child and then reading it to my children as well. Think of all the time you will have to get those projects done next week.

Linda said...

Wow! You've been busy. Looks like we both have Poky Little Puppy quilts, although different designs. It is such fun fabric to use. I really like your red, white and blue blocks! Your tree skirt is looking very pretty.

Tracy said...

Nice work! And a good sense of accomplishment too! I love that feeling!
I think I still have my Poky Little Puppy book from childhood. That would be a great gift idea for a kid-the book and a quilt made with the fabric.