Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Own Friday Night Sew-In!


I was determined to finish my Amy's BOM squares in April. I made a quick trip after school to the closest Quilt Shop to purchase the Tri- Recs and Companion rulers. Amy had offered to let me borrow her's. But, when I saw the May squares I decided I wanted to add them to my ruler collection. I cut out the fabric-- and was on a roll . Finished these two with no problem. I must have been feeling to sure of myself--I did something WRONG with the Pennsylvania Parade. I have ripped--and I think it will be better to recut a few pieces and start over.
After a couple of weeks away from quilting--It was great to be back. I don't begin to accomplish what other quilters do--But I feel good about what I do!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Linda, these look great. I'm so enjoying Amy's BOM.
It's not the quantity of what we do but the quality. Have a great weekend and enjoy that new baby! Hugs,Linda

Janet said...

Love the blocks, especially the colors. It's hard to get alot done when you work full time. The main thing is that we enjoy it when we do have time. Sewing does make me feel good.

Maria said...

I think your blocks look great, linda.

How's the new babe??

I am now followingyou. pop over for a visit and would love you to follow.

http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

Amy said...

LOL...I was waiting to read, "Amy offered to let me borrow her's, but she annoyingly kept forgetting them day-after-day!"

Your blocks sure do look great; that starred background fabric really connects well with the two colors!

I feel the same about getting back to quilting too; spent almost the whole day downstairs yesterday (couldn't do much of anything outside anyway with that WIND!)

5 weeks and then loads of quilting time awaits----(you counting yet?) ;0)

Tracy said...

Those look great! I wish I were so disciplined!