Sunday, January 22, 2012

Word Up 2012-"Value"

The first time I saw Kelly's picture for "Word Up 2012", I thought of the poem, "Footprints."  A friend gave us a copy of the poem the day that Travis was killed.  We asked our pastor to read it following the service at the cemetery.  A month later another friend gave me the counted cross stitch I have posted on my header.  It has hung on our wall for thirty years. 
As I thought about my word for 2012,  I kept thinking about what was important to me or what did I need to concentrate on for this year.  I kept thinking about what I value.  My list grew and grew as I thought about friends, family, things around me, my relationships and me.  So my word is "Value."  

I looked up to find an exact definition.  WHOA!  I selected these five definitions to focus on this year.
Definition: Value
noun
1.   relative worth, merit, or importance:

9.  liking or affection; favorable regard 



13. degree of lightness or darkness in a color.

                                                                              verb
17.  to consider with respect to worth, excellence, usefulness, or importance.
 
18.   to regard or esteem highly: He values her friendship.

1 comment:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I so love your word this year Linda - truly, it is easy in life to get distracted and forget what is truly important - so, I'll be thinking about this word along with you! I love the poem too - it's one of my favorites. Hugs!