Even though they are easy--I still like this pattern for little boys. The John Deere teddy bear quilt is for Hawke. Fane's three month old little brother. When we were at Haylee and Jerry's for pancakes on Saturday morning I asked Haylee if Hawke needed his own quilt. I had made a cowboy quilt for Fane, and fun girly quilts for Aria and Saphira. She did want Hawke to have his own. So I put this one together Saturday night. It needs to be sandwiched and quilted.
The son and daughter-in-law of our friend, Nancy, are expecting their first baby in April. Nancy was the friend who in September lost her 2 1/2 year battle with cancer. I had promised her I would make baby quilts for her grandbabies. Since they own and operate an excavating- construction business--I thought this fabric would be great if it is a boy! So after I finished the top for Hawke, I put together this top. It is also ready to be sandwiched and quilted.
But, if she is a girl! I have started this pinwheel and prairie points quilt. I am still working on pinning on the prairie points. I love this fabric. It is Moda "Puttin' On the Ritz" pink.
I can't decide if it is better to come down with the wicked flu unexpectedly or to have your DH sick with it and know that you will be next! DH was really sick last night and into this morning with the stomach and intestinal flu. He has slept most of the day. So I am waiting........YUCK!



6 comments:
I am so sorry to read of the tragic loss of your friends darling little boy Fane.Haylee is so lucky to have such a caring friend as you to help comfort her.
Nice quilt you have made for Hawke and the construction one is perfect too.
Alos love the pretty pink one.
Hope you don't get the dreaded flu and your DH gets well soon.
Yeah! It worked - love your little quilts - so colorful. Take care with that flu - I sure have heard of some getting really sick with it. warmest wishes from Judy C
Linda, you make the cutest quilts! Aren't you glad you took that first class???
Marla
Oh dear, I hope you keep from getting it! That stuff is awful.
I love your little pink pinwheel quilt!!! Girlie things are always SO cute! :)
Oh I hope you don't get the flu Linda...we've been fortunate here so far. Those are sweet quilts for the kids and you are sweet for making them!
I hope that your wait was for nothing and the flu passed you by. I love the quilts, they are all adorable, and you'll have an extra just in case quilt, too.
Post a Comment