At school we draw names to bring Birthday treats to the lounge for each other. I drew my great friend Brenda's name. She is a chocolate lover. I just put this together to take in for her birthday on Thursday. I (of course) used what I had--so I used a choc. brownie mix instead of cake mix and instead of toffee bits. I used walnuts. I was surprised to find the brownie mix!
Chocolate Carmel Trifle
| Mine isn't quite as pretty as the Taste Of Home's photo. |
Ingredients
- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 package (7-1/2 or 8 ounces) English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
Directions
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for an 8-in. square baking pan. Cool on a wire rack. Prepare
- pudding according to package directions.
- Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes; place half of the cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl or large glass serving bowl; lightly press down to fill in gaps. Top with half of the whipped topping, pudding, caramel topping and toffee bits; repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
(Amy, stop over and have some!)


5 comments:
**drooling**
Hmmm.....I THINK I need to make my way down to the 3-6 lounge tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;0)
YUM! That looks awesome! I chose the truffle bowl from Pampered Chef as one of my "free" gifts for hostessing a party, over a year ago, and haven't used it yet! Your picture is inspiration to break it out of the box!
My birthday is coming up soon! Yum-Yum!
Seriously, what a lovely gift for a friend. Looks sooooo delicious!
How lucky is your friend as well as the other folk who get to eat that delicious cake. YUM!!!
Oh my that looks good!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Post a Comment