In February I attended a small quilt show in Rice Lake with three friends. A fourth friends exhibits a beautiful quilt every year. This year was no exception. It was a wool appliqued quilt from a Primitive Gatherings Pattern.
During lunch at Applebees (after all it was a Girl's Day Out.) We talked about how amazing her applique looked on the quilt. Of course she said it was easy to do and offered to teach us.
Our teaching day was last Saturday. Another Girl's Day Out.
Two of the gals decided they would like to do the geranium. It looked quite daunting to me. I wasn't sure if I was up to this challenge. But, I WAS NOT going to miss a day out with these friends.
I made a run to Rice Lake to the Red House Wool Studio with my list in hand. It is an amazing shop in Cathy G.'s house where she has wool for rug hooking and applique. She is an awesome artist who helped me select fabrics.
An awesome sewing room with plenty of room and light.
What do quilters do when they have the opportunity to see a completely hand sewn and hand quilted appliqued quilt that had been entered at the Paducah Quilt Show?
You get down on your knees and admire it!
It is amazing!
Sheila has amazing beautiful quilts hanging throughout her home.



.png)
2 comments:
Sounded like fun!! The quilts do look beautiful too!
betty
A fabulous way to spend time, stiching with good friends.
Sheila's quilts are awesome!
Post a Comment