We celebrated Grandson #2's birthday on Saturday night with a quick impromptu get together. The kids are truly DH's greatest blessings and enjoyment.
I didn't finish his quilt in time for his actual birthday. However, he and Kasey came home with me after school that night. They always call Papa from my truck on the way home. The first thing when Papa answered that Cole said was, "It's your birthday boy." He asked what present I had for him. I told him I was sewing something for him but it wasn't finished. He said he wanted to see it. His first question was, "When will you finish it?" With the next question, "Is there a pillowcase to match?"
I think his smile says that he likes it!
His other present needs to be shared with his sister and brother!
I have been doing research on a longarms. I found this week there is a quilter in Duluth who offers a beginners class in the summer on operating a longarm. Once you have completed her class she rents a longarm. I think it would be great to be able to try it out to see if owning on something I want to pursue. I have been researching the Handiquilter, APQS, along with others. These two have dealers within 85 miles where I could receive instruction and help. They would even come to my home to help. I am looking for suggestions and opinions on longarms. APQS always has a give away going on. I register every day!

2 comments:
So many blessings with the grandchildren indeed! I love the quilt, came out really nice and I do think he does like it!
betty
I do like the beautiful photo of Papa with all the grandchildren..
Yep Cole does look very pleased with his quilt..did you have enough left for a pillow Slip?
Post a Comment