Thursday, February 4, 2010

Looking for Ideas!

I am looking for ideas for making a baby quilt using John Deere fabrics for my grandbaby that is due in April. We won't know until if it is born if we have a new grandson or granddaughter. So I am covering both bases. I have a good start on a quilt if she is a girl--however, papa thinks it needs to be a John Deere quilt if he is a boy! All the tractors and most of the machinery on our farm are John Deere--so what else would a baby boy need! Especially when the newest baby's Daddy is employed by a large John Deere dealership!

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

I did a John Deere Quilt a couple of years ago. While the pattern was just court house steps and nothing special, I did have some very cute fabric that I got as a fat quarter bundle at Walmart. I'm sure you could get it other places as well, but it was very cute.

Here is a link to the only photo I could find of the finished quilt: http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2008/04/another-finish.html

Congratulations on the new grand baby! What exciting news.

Amy said...

Hey Linda
Another FAST project is the pattern that I just received with the Quilts 4 Kids (Here's the pic). It could show off some JohnDeere as the focal fabric and 2 coordinating fabrics in the 4-patches. If interested, I can share the block measurements :0)

Vintage Sandy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and best of luck in my giveaway!
Sandy

My oldest grandson is a John Deere lover all the way!

Linda said...

Linda, I made a John Deere tractor quilt for my oldest grandson. I looked and you know I don't think I took a picture... It was a big boy quilt so it might not have been helpful. I made it to fit his full size bed. I made it using the panels (I call them pillow size) and I did 9 patches and 4 patches in between. I used the fabric too that came with the panel. I got my inspiration from a book called 9 Patch Pizazz. This book uses panels and 9 patches to hi-lite the blocks...Anyway, good luck and have fun with it. Congratulations on the new grand baby! Hugs, Linda from Texas

Tracy said...

You're lucky there a lots of John Deere fabrics out there. We are Ford people here(I think my guys have blue blood!) and there is nothing Ford that I can find. I may find the occasional generic blue tractor on something but no specific Ford stuff!
I agree with Amy, the Quilts for Kids have patterns that would work.