Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

As one of the 194 quilters /crafters that took part in Homemade by Heidi's Friday night Sew In . I worked on my "If the new grandbaby is a girl" quilt. As usual--I didn't complete as much as I had intended or hoped to. I did finish sewing the blocks together-(had to rip apart one row when I found I had the center block one turn too far) and added the three borders.
Hopefully tonight-after the grandkids leave- I will sandwich it together and work on the quilting.

I drove DH for another blood draw last night and we stopped for dinner at Adventures afterward. We also stopped at Menards for some walking time. So that took up some of my "Sew In" time.

DH is beginning to climb the walls-for someone who has always been a workaholic and now has a ten pound lifting limit and no wheels, it is challenging. Thankfully one of our sons does all the feeding of cattle on his way home after work. A few friends have picked DH up this week to ride with them to appointments or for coffee. Hopefully as the weather warms up and the ice melts he will be able to walk outside.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I can well imagine hubby climbing the walls!!! Glad to hear that things are going smoothly (medical wise) for him.

Linda--those fabrics are......are......okay I need a word more descriptive than A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!, but that's what they are. Where did you find them? I would absolutely LOVE to play around with fabrics like that!

It's so fun watching progress on others' blogs :0)

Jandi said...

I love the fabrics! They go together brilliantly! I hope your DH is doing well.

Gigi's Thimble said...

hat is a darling quilt! Hope it's a girl! Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway!