I just finished this baby quilt flimsy. I plan to use Minky for the back. Would you suggest pin basting or try to spray baste? I also have a quilting stencil I would like to use at least around the border. What should I use to mark the stencil on the fabric? Does anyone have suggestions for sewing with Minky?
Thank you friends!!


5 comments:
Only my opinions.....
I would think pinning would work better with the fabrics (will it stick?), however I so do remember the ease when spray basting. SO, I would try a little corner to see how well it sticks to the batting with the fabric, and then go for it!
Another thought kinda pecking in my mind is that the backing will be much 'flooflier' than the cotton front; consider quilting from the back ??? I'm wondering if it'll shift/pucker more than usual.
Good luck!!!
I've always pin basted minkee. I pin it close - ever 3" or so and I've never had any problems. It might work to spray baste - I've just never tried it.
I've always quilted it with a walking foot - never tried free motion on it but I've seen it done so I know it works. When I use minkee for a backing, I always serge the edges - it helps with the lint!
Good Luck! ~Jeanne
Rest of thought -
I serge the edges of minkee before pinning quilt.
~Jeanne
Brooklyn's doll quilt has minky on the back. I spray basted it and it sewed up nicely.
Like the other ladies I always pin baste my quilts whether minkee of wadding.
Serging the edge is a great idea. thank you Jeanne.
Post a Comment