Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sewing with Minkee & Other Projects.

Thank you Blogging Friends for all your excellent suggestions.   I was still reluctant so I didn't put it on the back of the quilt I was planning.  But decided unless I try it...So after rereading your comments,  I made a second quilt. 
 The center four blocks are flannel with a minkee border.  I pinned and pinned and pinned.   One suggestion I found was to cut the back about an inch larger than the front.  Then fold it over the front to create the binding.  The corners were a little tricky. 
A week ago we celebrated Tatum's fourth birthday.  She told Katie that gramma would bring her a princess cake.  So of course this Gramma couldn't refuse.
I didn't make it to Weight Watchers class this week.  We had originally planned on going a vacation this past week.  However, due to the need to attend a meeting with DH's siblings on how to proceed with their mother's estate we had to cancel our plans.  They were here from NJ and Southern WI.

Wednesday we did take off for Duluth to visit gun shops and quilt shops.  One of the shops, Creations Quilt Shop  ,  had the Handi Quilter Fusion set up and operating.  DH spent a long time talking with one the shop's owners how it operates, the space it takes, and many other details.  I think it helped that the owner used to be a heavy equipment operator and grew up on a farm. 

DIL-2 is due to have the newest Grandbaby on 8-10-13.  Her younger sister became engaged this summer and selected the same date for her wedding.  She is expecting DIL to be an attendant.  The bride purchased a dress for DIL.  It is the stretchy lace over a stretchy under dress in size XL.  DIL normally wears a S or M.  SOOOO- I have been attempting to alter the dress so it will fit around the arms, neck and shoulders--in case DIL is at the wedding.  To add a complication the zipper is under the arm in a side seam.

They also brought a necktie to be altered for Conner from a man's tie to 6 year old size.  I cut out about 8 inches then pieced it back together.

The only thing left is they also brought the wedding dress for me to add a button and loop to fasten up the train during the reception. 


Life has been hectic--Through it all I have stayed on program and hope for a successful weigh in on Wednesday afternoon.






1 comment:

Maria said...

You have been very busy and I find altering things can be more tricky than actually making a whole garment.
Your Pink flannel and Mieke quilt looks very cuddley.
Good on you for staying on track with your program I am sure you will have done well with it.
Hope you get to go on your holiday soon.