This week I will spend one day driving my mom to visit her three surviving brothers. It will be a difficult day. Her younger brother, 85 years, has just been diagnosed with bone cancer. An older brother, 92 years, is in the last stages of Alzheimer's, and her other surviving brother is 94 and is becoming weaker and has difficulty walking. We will try to spend time visiting with each and their wives.
Sunday, July 7, 2013
One Flimsy Finished
Tatum wanted to help hold the finished flimsy for a picture. The finished top is 38" X 43" inches. I haven't decided if it will be the "one" for my next grandbaby. I have a couple of other ideas also.
I would like to try to make a baby quilt using the Mini Granny Square tutorial from Trish at Notes of Sincerity. I made one square last summer when I first read her post.
This week I will spend one day driving my mom to visit her three surviving brothers. It will be a difficult day. Her younger brother, 85 years, has just been diagnosed with bone cancer. An older brother, 92 years, is in the last stages of Alzheimer's, and her other surviving brother is 94 and is becoming weaker and has difficulty walking. We will try to spend time visiting with each and their wives.
This week I will spend one day driving my mom to visit her three surviving brothers. It will be a difficult day. Her younger brother, 85 years, has just been diagnosed with bone cancer. An older brother, 92 years, is in the last stages of Alzheimer's, and her other surviving brother is 94 and is becoming weaker and has difficulty walking. We will try to spend time visiting with each and their wives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Linda, I think that baby quilt is adorable!!!
I'm praying for you and your mom as you visit her brothers. What a blessing that they've all lived so long!
Hi Linda, I can't believe I have missed sew many of your special posts..
Firstly what wonderful news that there will be another precious little girl arriving in your family..
You have also been very busy making and finishing many gorgeous quilts.
I really like the way your used the 1930s fabrics for the pretty Churn Dash flimsy..
Oh, wow, Linda, the baby quilt is so sweet! It's just beautiful, and Tatum is cute as can be. :-)
I'll be praying for your mom and family. I can only imagine how difficult this must be.
So sorry to hear about your mother's siblings. She is very blessed to have had them for so long!
sweet quilt.
Post a Comment