I know it won't be like this every week! But for now! WOOHOO!
At weigh in this afternoon I have lost 7.6 lbs.
Most of the week went well. Monday I really struggled.
I made it through without going off program.
I know that not all weeks will be as successful but I am thrilled for a start!
As many of us are , I am a stress eater. The next three weeks will be a major
test of my ability to stay on program.
As my cousin as told me,
"No food tastes as good as being thin feels."
I don't necessararily want to be "thin."
Just more comfortable, healthier and
have a better self-esteem.



8 comments:
Congratulations! That is wonderful! You can do this. I too was and am a stress eater and find comfort in food. Last September I decided to make a lifestyle change--no more diets and have found success. I just recently reached my goal weight and it feels so good to have dropped those extra pounds. Even have energy to burn. I'll be cheering for you. Nola
Congratulations Linda! Like everything else, it is one day at a time. After my husband had a mild heart attack in February, we have changed our diets. We have both lost a few pounds and feel so much better both physically & mentally. I am hoping this time to keep it off.
Great Job!!! You are doing wonderful! ~Jeanne
Congratulations Linda. what a great week. I am sure you can keep focused if not do a lot of napping...
Good for you! The first few days can be rough, I'm hoping you reach for a carrot instead of a cookie ~
:-}pokey
Way to go, Linda!! Back on track! I did pretty well the first 3 months this year, but I need to get back on track too. I stocked up on fruit this week. I love Pokey's comment. lol
Go Linda, Go Linda! Wow, that is just an incredible way to start - I'm so proud of ya girlfriend! Keep up the great work - I know you can do it :0)!! Hugs!!
All I can say about weight loss is that diligence is key. I know because I've been on an eating regime since January. No, I'm not overweight, but to maintain this weight, and to do it healthily, I'm always keeping track of what I eat. Carbs are pretty much out of my diet, except for an occasional rice cake, crackers or pretzels. Otherwise, it's lots of vegetables and fruit, with veggies being the mainstay. I struggle to eat enough protein, but a hamburger without a bun, or a scrambled egg, or cheese, suffices. Dieting, whether for weight-loss or maintenance, is a never-ending struggle. Once you face that fact, you must make it a lifelong commitment. My best to you as you face this challenge!
Post a Comment